Sunday, 11th October 2020
10 miles 5 hrs
Start Time: 10:00am
Grid Ref: SJ960533.
Parking is at Deep Hayes Country Park, Park Lane. Nearest Post Code : ST13 7JS
What3Words : huddled.blatantly.guises
Starting from the car Park we will be circumnavigating Leek in an anti-clockwise direction. Heading off down the canal towards Barnfields following the Churnet Way. Picking up the Staffordshire Moorlands Walk through Lowe Hill, Ball Haye Green and Abbey Green, with a lunch stop at Brough Park Fields. Following lunch we will again pick up the Churnet Way through Bridge End, and then onto the Staffordshire Way through to Ladderedge Park and finally back to Deep Hayes Country Park.
Due to COVID-19, we all need to take extra steps to stay safe. Please follow all safety advice given by the walk leader.
If you would like to join this walk, please contact the walk leader prior to the walk
This walk is limited to 20 people, 1 walk leader + 19 other walkers.
Please do not turn up for a walk without registering as we will have to turn you away. Lunch required.
Walk leader: Jimmy 07803 361821
Start Point Map
Points to Remember:
1. Please call the walk leader before the walk in case any
details have changed.
2. Make sure that you are suitably dressed for the weather.
Remember that some walks are on exposed high land and the weather
can be cold and wet. Denim jeans are not suitable for high-level
3. Dogs are welcome but only with the prior agreement of the
4. If the walk leader decides to shorten the walk then that
decision is final and is not open to negotiation. The leader will
only do this when there is a good reason for doing so.
5. Even if a walk does not state packed lunch, it is always
advisable to bring something to eat and drink.
6. If transport is shared, please provide the driver with a
share of the fuel costs.
7. Non RA members are welcome to join us for 3 walks before
being asked to join the RA. There are no exceptions to this.
8. Regrettably, due to the nature of the Sunday programme, we are
unable to accept children on our these walks.
9. Children are welcome on Family Friendly walks.
10. Web site address: www.staffs-walkers.org.uk
11. You are responsible for your own safety at all times.
Click here to return to Staffordshire Walkers
For corrections and updates to this site please email
This site was last updated on 14 February 2017