Sunday, 20th January 2019
DOVEDALE AND TISSINGTON
9 miles 5 hrs
Start Time: 10:00am
Grid Ref: SK164505.
We will meet at Narlow Lane car park which is on the right as you enter Thorpe. It is opposite The Old Dog public house so should be easy to find. There should be ample parking and the car park is free. There is additional parking down the road at Thorpe Car park if for any reason it's busy.
From Thorpe we descend down Lin Dale with views of Thorpe Cloud (we don't ascend it on this walk) before reaching the famous dovedale stepping stones where we will no doubt stop for photos. We then head along dove dale towards milldale. The limestone gorge is particularly picturesque and there will be an opportunity for the infamous Staffordshire walkers bridge shot.We have a steady climb out of dove dale but will be rewarded with some lovely views. We then head across farmland and through the village of Tissington on our way back to Thorpe. There will be opportunity to stop for a cuppa if we wish and of course a well deserved drink at the end of the walk. Gaiters recommended although i'm hoping it won't be as muddy as my last walk. Lunch required.
Walk leader: Jess 07834 813500
Start Point Map
Points to Remember:
1. Please call the walk leader before the walk in case any
details have changed.
2. Make sure that you are suitably dressed for the weather.
Remember that some walks are on exposed high land and the weather
can be cold and wet. Denim jeans are not suitable for high-level
3. Dogs are welcome but only with the prior agreement of the
4. If the walk leader decides to shorten the walk then that
decision is final and is not open to negotiation. The leader will
only do this when there is a good reason for doing so.
5. Even if a walk does not state packed lunch, it is always
advisable to bring something to eat and drink.
6. If transport is shared, please provide the driver with a
share of the fuel costs.
7. Non RA members are welcome to join us for 3 walks before
being asked to join the RA. There are no exceptions to this.
8. Regrettably, due to the nature of the Sunday programme, we are
unable to accept children on our these walks.
9. Children are welcome on Family Friendly walks.
10. Web site address: www.staffs-walkers.org.uk
11. You are responsible for your own safety at all times.
Click here to return to Staffordshire Walkers
For corrections and updates to this site please email
This site was last updated on 14 February 2017