Sunday, 28th October 2018
ELLASTONE CALWICH ABBEY
11 miles 6 hrs
Start Time: 10:00am
Grid Ref: SK120423.
Follow the A50 till you reach the first Uttoxeter roundabout with the Mcdonald on it.. Take the first exit on the roundabout heading towards JCB keep going past JCB for another mile or so till you reach the sighn ELLASTONE. just after this sign there is a right hand turning to Norbury B5033 Rd turn down there for a or half a mile and we park just before ellastone Bridge
This is a lovely little meander through a number of tracks, fields and bit of road and steeped in history.. We start at the heavily guarded Ellestone Bridge with two second World War pill boxes one on each side from there we climb to calwich Abbey where we might see a ghost. Ooooooh.. We the head toward mayfield for a pub stop on route taking in the lovely historic villages houses and Wells.. From there head towards snelston another historic hamlet of picturesque house before we head back to ellastone Bridge.. This is an undulating walk Lunch required.
Walk leader: Michael 07939 222460
Start Point Map
Points to Remember:
1. Please call the walk leader before the walk in case any
details have changed.
2. Make sure that you are suitably dressed for the weather.
Remember that some walks are on exposed high land and the weather
can be cold and wet. Denim jeans are not suitable for high-level
3. Dogs are welcome but only with the prior agreement of the
4. If the walk leader decides to shorten the walk then that
decision is final and is not open to negotiation. The leader will
only do this when there is a good reason for doing so.
5. Even if a walk does not state packed lunch, it is always
advisable to bring something to eat and drink.
6. If transport is shared, please provide the driver with a
share of the fuel costs.
7. Non RA members are welcome to join us for 3 walks before
being asked to join the RA. There are no exceptions to this.
8. Regrettably, due to the nature of the Sunday programme, we are
unable to accept children on our these walks.
9. Children are welcome on Family Friendly walks.
10. Web site address: www.staffs-walkers.org.uk
11. You are responsible for your own safety at all times.
Click here to return to Staffordshire Walkers
For corrections and updates to this site please email
This site was last updated on 14 February 2017